Saturday, May 5, 2018

This Beautiful - I Don't Know! :)

Have you ever tried this? When someone asks you - what's your plan? You say, "I don't know" and really mean every word of it. Well, it can be quite liberating to not plan ahead. And, in my case, not to dare to plan ahead!

Ever since I have dedicated myself to Seva - serving my Master - there has been an even clearer realization that my life is happening as per some plan. While it is true for every single one of us, the realization might not dawn. It did not strike me at all till I became a full-time volunteer with The Art of Living.

It all started after the Sanyam program when, for the first time, I told Him that I want to work full-time for the organisation. This had been my long cherished dream, and I just wanted to dedicate myself fully to His work. The very next day I was offered an opportunity to work full-time for the media division of the organisation. While that meant shifting my base entirely to ashram, and leave everything behind, I (nor my husband) batted an eyelid. It was like a dream opportunity for me, and I had to grab it. Of course, there were some heartaches at having to leave my well-set home in Kolkata, and all of my people behind, but I could go through that phase.

The seven months in ashram were busy with Sadhana, Seva, Satsang and intense Swadhaya. A lot of things that had been swept under the carpet came up, and a lot of healing happened. I was enveloped in a cocoon of love and care, and the Master very tenderly, gradually released years of pent up stresses, emotional debris, and left me so calm, happy and peaceful. Was so happy and relieved to see that my face too had changed so much and the serenity was visible!



When in ashram I always felt that He was preparing me for some work outside. I was not to stay there forever, though I had come for long term Seva. I therefore did not miss my Sadhana. The group Sadhana every morning was the best thing to have happened to me there. The long meditations, sandhya, sanyam sadhana, gurupuja chanting was so nourishing. Ever in gratitude for those months of awesome Sadhana.

In Seva, I just followed a simple rule - say 'yes' to whatever seva opportunity came my way. So there were crazy moments of non-stop work, late nights, early mornings, multi-tasking, coordinating, handling criticisms etc :D but again, it was all for the BEST. I learnt so much - and mostly about myself.

It was my 7th month in ashram when things turned around. Yet one more time..and of course unexpectedly!

And I realized, I will never ever know what my next move will be. Because Someone had fully taken over, and it was going to be one helluva, totally unpredictable, super comfortable & abundantly 'grace'ful journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment