Sunday, January 6, 2019

Righteous rage!



I have battled with righteous anger for long. From my very childhood.

The concept of right & wrong was very clear & well defined in my head. I got angry, sometimes violently so and fought for all that I thought is worth fighting for. Years later, I came across this term - righteous anger. And this beautiful knowledge sheet by Gurudev on the same changed me forever.

"Every time you are angry, know that it is because of righteousness. People who feel that they are righteous, they have tremendous temper and less patience. In a mature mind, when you have become more wise; of course you are righteous, but you go beyond righteousness. When you go beyond righteousness, you see everything in a different light altogether. Ascertaining righteousness, I would say is a weakness. Being righteous is good, but when you ascertain it, I would say there is a weakness somewhere." - Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

As I started living this knowledge, I once wrote in my FB - There is anger, and there is righteous anger. To be free of both, and to keep working.

Hope the beautiful wisdom by Gurudev frees many of us who are pained with righteous rage.


No comments:

Post a Comment